Award from the Environment Minister
As per my recent blog, Applied Eco Solutions has been participating in CCIQ’s ecoBiz program for the last 18 months.
Following tracking energy use and implementing reduction measures, we recently gained ecoBiz 1 Star Partnership. This was based on a 10% reduction in energy use per production unit.
During last month’s CCIQ ecoBiz Leader Forum, I received an award from Stephen Tait, CCIQ’s CEO and Dr Steven Miles, Minister for Environment and Heritage Protection and Minister for National Parks and the Great Barrier Reef, in recognition for becoming an ecoBiz Star Partner for every efficiency.
We will continue to support the ecoBiz program and look for opportunities to improve our energy efficiency.
Top Ten Energy Efficiency Tips
My top 10 tips that any business can implement to save energy and money are:
- Switch off applications at the wall when not in use
- Adjust your air-conditioning settings – 24° in summer and 18° in winter
- Buy in bulk online and get delivered to your company rather than driving to pick up supplies
- Clean your light bulbs and computer screens
- Fill up your dishwasher before running
- Use automatic switch-off timers on larger equipment such as printers
- Change your lights to high energy efficiency bulbs
- When buying new appliances, research and determine the long term running costs of items
- Consider the natural light and air flow when looking for work spaces
- Encourage your employees to determine and implement their own energy saving measures